How to Set Aside Mommy and Daddy Time in Your Busy Schedule
It's no secret that parenting is a full-time job. In fact, it's often said that being a parent is the hardest job in the world. And it's true! Parenting is a 24/7 job that doesn't leave much time for anything else. So, how can parents find time for themselves?
The answer is simple: they have to make time for themselves.
Just like anything else in life, if you want to make time for something, you have to schedule it into your day. It may seem impossible to find an hour or two to yourself when you're constantly caring for your children, but it can be done.
Here are some tips for setting aside mommy and daddy time in your busy schedule:
1. Get up earlier: This is probably the last thing you want to do when you're already exhausted from taking care of your little ones all day but getting up even just 30 minutes earlier can give you some much-needed alone time. Use this time to enjoy a cup of coffee (or iced coffee), watch the news, or just take a few minutes to yourself before the chaos of the day begins.
2. Stay up later: Once your little one's head to bed, take advantage of the quiet time and stay up for a bit. You can use this time to watch your favorite TV show, catch up on some reading, or snuggle up for a new movie you wouldn't normally watch with our littles running around.
3. Take a break during the day: If you have a few minutes during the day while your kids are napping, at school or occupied with something else, use that time to take a break. Step outside for some fresh air, take a quick power nap, or just sit down and relax for a few minutes.
4. Pencil in your alone time: Just like you would schedule doctor's appointments, work agenda or playdates into your calendar, schedule some alone time for yourself. This may mean getting a babysitter once a week so you can go out with friends or going on a weekend getaway without the kids. Whatever it is, make sure to put it in your calendar and stick to it!
5. Make the most of family time: When you are spending time with your family, make sure to really focus on them and be present in the moment. Turn off your phone, put away any distractions, and just enjoy quality time with your loved ones. This will help you feel refreshed and recharged so you can better tackle the rest of your day.
Parenting is a challenging but rewarding job. It's important to remember to take care of yourself so you can be the best parent possible. By following these tips, you can make sure you're setting aside enough mommy and daddy time in your busy schedule.
Reclaiming Time for Yourself and Your Partner
Of course, it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With work, kids, school (yours or that of your children) and other obligations, it's hard to find time for yourself, let alone your partner. But it's important to remember that carving out time for yourself and your significant other is crucial to a healthy and happy relationship.
If you're feeling like you're stuck in a rut, it might be time to start reclaiming time for yourself and your partner. Here are a few tips on how to do just that:
1. Set aside some "mommy and daddy time."
This is time that is just for the two of you, without the kids or any other distractions. It can be used to reconnect and just enjoy each other's company. Whether it's going on a date night or just spending an evening at home together, make sure to schedule in some regular mommy and daddy time.
2. Get creative with your date nights.
It can be easy to struggle with finding date night options. Take this opportunity to get creative. When you don't have the availability to gain babysitters and get away, there are plenty of ways to connect with one another without going out on the town. Maybe cook a meal together, watch a movie or take the children to play and have a picnic while they littles play.
3. Make time for yourself.
It's important to remember that you need time for yourself, too. Whether it's getting a manicure or going for a run, make sure to schedule in some "me time" each week. This will help you recharge and be a better partner.
4. Don't forget about the little things.
Even though life is busy, don't forget about the little things that make your relationship special. Whether it's holding hands while you're walking or sending a good morning text, these small gestures go a long way in keeping the spark alive. My husband and I do our best to remember to pick up something for one another at the store, leave cute notes for one another when we leave the house and much more... it's the little things.
Making time for yourself and your partner is crucial to a happy and healthy relationship. By following these tips, you can start reclaiming time for the two of you and enjoy each other's company more than ever before.
Getting Creative with Scheduling Strategies
We all know that balancing work and home life can be tough. And when you add kids into the mix, it can be even tougher! But there are ways to make it work with a little bit of creativity and some careful scheduling.
One way to do this is to schedule some "mommy and daddy time." This can be a time when you and your partner can have some quality time together, without the kids. This can be tough to do, but it's important to keep the spark alive in your relationship. You can schedule this time for once a week, or even just once a month.
Another way to get creative with your scheduling is to use your "me time" wisely. This is the time when you can do what you want, without having to worry about anyone else. You can use this time to get some exercise, read a book, or even just take a long bath.
You can also use your "me time" to work on a hobby or project that you're passionate about. This can be something that you do just for fun, or something that you hope to turn into a business someday. Either way, it's important to have something in your life that is just for you.
And finally, don't forget to schedule some family time. This is the time when you can all be together and just enjoy each other's company. You can play games, watch movies, or even just sit around and chat.
There are lots of different ways to get creative with your scheduling. Just remember to keep balance in mind, and you'll be sure to find a schedule that works for you and your family.
Making the Most of Precious Hours
The job of a parent is never done. However, even though parenting is a full-time job, there are still only 24 hours in a day. This means that parents have to be strategic about how they spend their time.
One of the most important things that parents can do is to make the most of the precious hours that they have with their children. Even though it may seem like there's never enough time, there are ways to make the most of the time that you do have. Here are a few tips:
1. Plan special mommy and daddy time.
One way to make the most of your time with your children is to plan special mommy and daddy time. This is time that is just for you and your child. It can be used to do anything. In our home, we schedule Daddy daughter dates, shopping outings with mom, Ice Cream trips and more. The important thing is that this time is quality time that is focused on your relationship with your child.
2. Be present in the moment.
Another way to make the most of your time with your children is to be present in the moment. This means removing yourself from the distractions of day-to-day life. Put your phone on silent, turn the television off and lock the office door. When you are present with your child, you will be able to connect with them on a deeper level and create lasting memories.
3. Savor those little moments.
The little moments in life are often some of the most precious. Take a moment each day to really soak in the time that you have with your child. Listen to them say the same song lyric over and over, watch as they play a game you don't understand and sit with them as they watch the favorite episode of the cartoon you hate for the thousandth time. These moments will be gone before you know it!
🧡Shine Bright, Kayla