Summertime is upon us everyone, and that means warmer weather, longer days, and more time to spend with our kiddos! If you're looking for some fun summer activities to do with your kids, look no further.
Here are 15 fun ideas to get you started:
1. Go on a nature walk and collect leaves, sticks, rocks, and flowers: Going on a walk as an adult can seem like work to some. However, doing so with your little ones can be an enjoyable experience. You can learn what your children like and dislike about the great outdoors and create some amazing memories. Talk about what you find and maybe what you didn't find.
2. Visit a nearby farm and pick your own fruits and vegetables: Teaching your children about the way that food comes to your table is an amazing learning experience for them and a bonding experience for the both of you. Talk about how food is grown and shipped. Teach them about what the things they choose to eat do for their bodies.
3. Go swimming at your local pool or beach: Break away from the heat for a bit with a fun pool/beach day. There may be some that don't have access to a pool or beach at the moment... if you fall into that category - don't fret - Connect a 2-liter bottle with some holes in it to the hose out back and make your own water-filled fun!
4. Play lawn games like frisbee, croquet, or bocce ball: Yes, we all know that technology has made it almost impossible to go outside and enjoy the world around them, but offering up some fun new games to learn and play may just be the push you need. Teach them to play frisbee golf, or find some fun outdoor games on Amazon.com to have delivered before the summer begins.
5. Make homemade ice cream or popsicles: Ah, homemade ice cream is the best, isn't it? You all can decided what you would like in your ice cream, what flavor and what toppings. If you've chosen to make some popsicles - there are some fun ways to make healthy treats by using fruit juices and REAL fruit within your mixtures before you pop them into the freezer.
6. Have a picnic in your backyard or at a nearby park: Pack all your favorites. Your favorite foods, blanket and games into the back of the car and head out to the park with the good swings! Let the little ones run wild around the park and let out some of that pent-up energy.
7. Go on a road trip and explore new places: Even if it's just a few towns over, going on an adventure can be a memorable experience. Find small shops to explore, new creeks to venture into or even a better playground!
8. Camp out in your backyard (or living room!): Get that old tent out you haven't been able to use and make a backyard camping site. Let the kids grab their blankets, pillows and favorite stuffed animal to bring on the journey. Tell scary stories, shadow puppets and more. If you're like our family, and you don't have a backyard at the moment - create the campout right from your living room. Hint: there's a crackling fireplace option on YouTube to put onto your tv!
9. Make homemade pizzas or experiment with different toppings: Mac and Cheese sounds gross on top of pizza, however... you'd be surprised at how amazing it tastes. Set aside a night for you and your family to create some amazing masterpieces in the form of Pizza. Make an original style, buffalo chicken or even dessert pizza!
10. Go stargazing on a clear night: Look for constellations. Learning can be fun and interesting in the right atmosphere! Take the littles out to view the vast night sky!
11. Set up a lemonade stand or bake sale to raise money for a local charity: Do you have a local charity in your town you'd love to be a part of but don't know where to start? Take the time to create some pastries and some amazing drinks to sell and raise some money for the cause. You and your children can do all of the preparation, selling and promoting as a family! All for a good cause!!
12. Plan a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood or town: If you're familiar with the area you live in, this can be a great family bonding experience. Have your kids visit local stores, landmarks and even some small unknown locations that are diamonds in the rough.
13. Make paper airplanes and have a flying competition: One of my favorites right here! Have each member of the family create their version of the best paper airplane. Set an area in the house for the flying contest and have the winner be the one that gets to pick dinner or that night's family movie!
14. Build a fort out of blankets and pillows and have a movie marathon inside: Time to break out that table you only use for holidays (to support your creation). Creating a fort in the largest room in your home for everyone to snuggle and watch movies can be such fun. All the blankets, pillows and fuzzy animals in your house need attend!
15. Have a water gun or water balloon fight: I would say doing this outside would be best, but inside can make for an experience you'll never forget. Get all the guns ready and filled for battle, set up a large tub in the middle of the fight filled with water balloons that requires the family to come out of hiding for more ammo and FIRE!
Hope this makes for a memorable experience for you and your family this summer!
🧡Shine Bright, Kayla